Have you been using your CCTV camera only to monitor if there’s a theft or only to monitor your employees? There’s a lot more you could do, that too without having to check the camera feed 24x7!
Saaragh is an Artificial Intelligence company that helps other organizations derive valuable insights and data using computer vision. We have built a Video Analytics Platform using Artificial Intelligence which can automatically detect certain events/objects/actions/people and alert the user in real time and also provide detailed analytics on the insights and information that can be parsed from the video feed of the CCTV camera using Artificial Intelligence.
There are numerous use cases and these are different for different industries and sectors. Depending on which industry you operate in, the use case could be different for you. However, one thing is for sure – Video Analytics can definitely help you reduce cost and increase efficiency.
Retail industry depends heavily on the effectiveness of marketing. In fact, some supermarkets even charge extra money from certain brands to stack them on specific shelves which are believed to be viewed first and the most. Be it any kind of store, they need customers to enter the store at least so that the customers can look and feel the products and then make a purchase decision. You might be wondering why we are talking about all this in a video analytics discussion. The point is that CCTV cameras inside and outside the stores capture a great deal of information which unfortunately goes waste unless it is processed by a video analytics platform, which can then give extremely valuable insights to the store owners and brands like:
- The number of people entering and exiting the store on weekdays, weekends, sale days, and public holidays.
- Average time spent by people inside the store.
- The number of people pausing outside the store but not entering.
- The average time spent by visitors inside the store.
- The average time spent by visitors in specific aisles inside the store.
- Which products or product categories are customers more interested in.
- The amount of time people spend at the checkout counters.
- The demographic details of visitors.
- And a lot more
- Devise the correct marketing strategy, knowing when to spend more on advertising and where to spend more, since they would know the demographic details of the customers too.
- Inventory management.
- Strategize product placement, aisle and shelf management.
- Know where customers have a bad experience so that amendments could be made to make the customer experience delightful.
- Plan and recruit manpower effectively. All this could ultimately lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, an increase in the efficiency and a reduction in the cost for the store owners.
How can you get started with this? You just need to contact Saaragh on [email protected] and we can guide you through the process. It takes less than 5 minutes to configure and get started with video analytics for your store and it costs less than one good meal at a decent restaurant. Stay tuned to read about the applications and benefits of video analytics for other industries. Want to know more about Saaragh? Visit Saaragh Technologies.
Here’s a sample video showing how our AI model works to count the number of visitors entering and exiting from a certain area: